• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

35mm F0.95

RAWFA

TalkEmount Veteran
I have JUST got the NEX 35mm F0.95. As I went from the post office straight to work, so I cannot say much but I will be posting some samples and some more elaborate comments later on. I will take a 10 day vacation through Brazil´s northwest beaches and I plan to take this lens along the 16mm pancake (which is the only AF lens I have and the one I use underwater).
My first impression is that this is one heavy lens...

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
fun

I have JUST got the NEX 35mm F0.95. As I went from the post office straight to work, so I cannot say much but I will be posting some samples and some more elaborate comments later on. I will take a 10 day vacation through Brazil´s northwest beaches and I plan to take this lens along the 16mm pancake (which is the only AF lens I have and the one I use underwater).
My first impression is that this is one heavy lens...
Sounds like a fun trip. Can't wait for some pictures.

What brand of lens did you get?

WT21

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Yes, please. Looking forward to seeing your sample!

RAWFA

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I´m looking forward too :)

RAWFA

TalkEmount Veteran
Some very very very quick tests. All shot at iso 100, f0.95, 1/50 (some 1/20). Next friday I have a birthday at a bar which should allow me to test a lot of low light shots.

View attachment 27021

View attachment 27022

---            

View attachment 27024

View attachment 27025

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
very cool

Some very very very quick tests. All shot at iso 100, f0.95, 1/50 (some 1/20). Next friday I have a birthday at a bar which should allow me to test a lot of low light shots.

View attachment 27032

View attachment 27033

---            

View attachment 27035

View attachment 27036
Cool yet slightly creepy.

WT21

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Nice post processing. Just missed Halloween.

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
Great shots! Could you comment about the build quality of the lens?

RAWFA

TalkEmount Veteran
Thanks for the comments, fellas. Like I said these are very very quick tests. I just put the camera on a tripod and plugged it into my high def TV so I could quickly frame my self, then I shot with a remote. It´s hard to comment on quality so far but my first impression is very good. A was very afraid this lens would have a lot of glow/ghosting at f0.95, but even though you can see a little bit of it it´s hardly noticeable...FOR me it´s totally usable at f0.95. Another thing I have to comment is that this lens is very heavy and big. It´s not your portable everyday combo.
Also, these photos were staged. I´m yet to test this lens on real live situations. I think this birthday I have this weekend and these 10 days travel I´m going to take will be the perfect opportunity to test this babe.

RAWFA

TalkEmount Veteran
Some more shots I took a birthday. Except for the flash ones they are all from iso 800 to iso 1600 at f0.95. I can tell you it´s haaard to shoot moving objects this wide open (I have no trouble with my Pentax 50mm f1.4). All jpegs.

---            

---            

---            

---            

---            

---            

---            

---            

---            

---            

---            

RAWFA

TalkEmount Veteran
   ---            

---            

Crop of the above
   ---            

---            

Crop of the above
   ---            

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Wow, really nice shots RAWFA!!!

(the turtle one and the old man sitting are my favs ;) )

Top Bottom