35/1.8 OSS arrived here

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by krugorg, Dec 19, 2012.

1. krugorg

krugorg TalkEmount Regular

Aug 17, 2012
    My 35/1.8 OSS arrived today... I thought I would share some extremely, technical and artistic shots ;) from the lens on my NEX-7 (click for full rez):

Just standard Adobe color profile, a bit of sharpening and no NR. Advanced, kitchen counter top, camera resting system utilized and forgot about leaving Steadyshot on. :eek:

Looking forward to getting out this weekend with the lens.
  2. starmite

starmite TalkEmount Regular

Dec 20, 2012
    Mine arrived yesterday as well. Pretty stoked about testing it out this coming weekend.
  3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Congrats to you both. The bokeh pretty smooth in the 1.8 shot. I'm sure many here look forward to more shots as they become available.

starmite- Welcome to the forum. 8^)
  4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    I don't like the bokeh here - seems a little bit harsh and unpleasing to my eye. But that's a very subjective matter I guess.
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Congrats, Kyle. I got a notice that <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892387-REG/Sony_SEL35F18_35mm_f_1_8_OSS_Alpha.html/BI/1848/KBID/2491/kw/SO3518Q/DFF/d10-v2-t1-xSO3518Q" target="_blank">B&H has them in stock</a>.

I think the bokeh looks very nice.
  6. krugorg

krugorg TalkEmount Regular

Aug 17, 2012
    Dreary winter day here, but subjected some colleagues to lens tests today while we were testing a prototype for work.

Like you said, Poki, bokeh seems to be very subjective. With my limited time on the lens, I would say that the bokeh quality is good enough for my uses. It definitely seems better wide open... starts to get a little nervous as you stop down. I am looking forward to a sunny day to take a better look at what this lens can do. I think it is going to be a good one....
  7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Good to see this thing finally reaching shooters...:D