3 lenses and a jet

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TonyTurley, Aug 2, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I decided to use the arrival of our mid-morning A319 flight to compare 3 of my budget primes: a Minolta 28/2.8, a Vivitar 35/2.8, and a Minolta Rokkor 50/1.7 (I have lately been carrying 4 lenses with me most places I carry the Nex). Out of the camera, all 3 photos need some PP, with the grass and sky being too dark, but I wanted to compare the photos like for like. All were taken at f/16 and ISO 100, with only the shutter speed changed to get the same EV for each shot. For mid-morning direct harsh light, they all fared well, I think. Color, contrast, and sharpness are pretty close.

Tony

Attached Files:

2. ecaggiani

ecaggiani TalkEmount Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Ed Caggiani
    The Vivitar's colors are cooler. I prefer the Minolta's look better. I have the MD 50mm f/2 and love it. The MD 28mm is arriving tomorrow :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using TalkNEX mobile app

3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    You're right . . . the Minoltas are a bit warmer out of the camera. I do like the Minoltas, even though I started my legacy journey with Vivitar.

Tony

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.