1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

27% Waxing Crescent Moon with the Canon FDn 400/4.5 and NEX-7

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by roundball, Dec 26, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    The waxing "quarter moon" is not officially a quarter until day after tomorrow on the 28th.
    But...I was wanting something to shoot and decided to go after it in B&W with the Canon FDn 400/4.5.
    3 photos...original plus 2 crops to show distance then the detail captured as the crops step up.

• Like Like x 5
  2. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    And here it is again shot in regular color set-up, a few hours later after black dark with no bright sun and bright sky to make it difficult to see, stronger contrast. Note the crescent shows a lot more horizontal than earlier today from the change of angle with the sunlight tonight.
    PS: While Sunday is the official "25% quarter moon"...rain is forecast here then so I shot it today / tonight at 27% while I could.

• Like Like x 4
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Love the B&W version!!! Only if the brances were missing from the frame...

• Like Like x 1
  4. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Interesting the different perspectives we each can have.
    I thought the 'NASA" type moon shots in a naked sky had become a little routine and have intentionally begun experimenting with some odds & ends like branches included just for something different.
    With these shot from my front yard with the moon high overhead, I didn’t have any real “moonscape” type choices, however, I’ve found a couple places at a nearby lake that I’ll be trying to see if I can get some more scenic type moonscape views with the lake, tree lines, moon included together.
    Meanwhile, for a good ‘Cyprusinian’, here are the first couple with the branches cropped out, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah, that one works for me! :D
    if we all liked the same things life would be a little bit more boring :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Count me as a "branch" guy. Great shots roundball!

• Like Like x 1