27% Waxing Crescent Moon with the Canon FDn 400/4.5 and NEX-7

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by roundball, Dec 26, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    The waxing "quarter moon" is not officially a quarter until day after tomorrow on the 28th.
    But...I was wanting something to shoot and decided to go after it in B&W with the Canon FDn 400/4.5.
    3 photos...original plus 2 crops to show distance then the detail captured as the crops step up.

View attachment 54431

View attachment 54432

View attachment 54433

• Like Like x 5
  2. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    And here it is again shot in regular color set-up, a few hours later after black dark with no bright sun and bright sky to make it difficult to see, stronger contrast. Note the crescent shows a lot more horizontal than earlier today from the change of angle with the sunlight tonight.
    PS: While Sunday is the official "25% quarter moon"...rain is forecast here then so I shot it today / tonight at 27% while I could.

View attachment 54435

View attachment 54436

• Like Like x 4
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Love the B&W version!!! Only if the brances were missing from the frame...

• Like Like x 1
  4. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Interesting the different perspectives we each can have.
    I thought the 'NASA" type moon shots in a naked sky had become a little routine and have intentionally begun experimenting with some odds & ends like branches included just for something different.
    With these shot from my front yard with the moon high overhead, I didn’t have any real “moonscape” type choices, however, I’ve found a couple places at a nearby lake that I’ll be trying to see if I can get some more scenic type moonscape views with the lake, tree lines, moon included together.
    Meanwhile, for a good ‘Cyprusinian’, here are the first couple with the branches cropped out, LOL.

View attachment 54494

View attachment 54495

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah, that one works for me! :D
    if we all liked the same things life would be a little bit more boring :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. fractal

fractal TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Count me as a "branch" guy. Great shots roundball!

• Like Like x 1