[FS] 24 Hour Canon FD/FL Deals: 17/3.5, 35/2, 50/1.4, 55/1.2 | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Jefenator, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> 24 Hour Canon FD/FL Deals: 17/3.5, 35/2, 50/1.4, 55/1.2
    </br>Prices</br> Tokina RMC 17mm 1:3.5 $100
    Canon FD "Chrome Nose" Thorium 35mm 1:2 $150
    Canon FDn 50mm 1:1.4 $20
    Canon FL 55mm 1:1.2 $150
    FOTGA FD/NEX adapter $5 with lens purchase
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> USA
    </br>Description</br> Trying to clean house here and raise funds for more recent indulgences.

Why ditch my old Canon glass? I have most of these focal lengths quite adequately covered in other mounts, which I am favoring for practical and sentimental reasons.

Tokina 17mm: nice compact, sharp wide prime. This copy is a bit smeared along the right edge but pretty darn impressive everywhere else. f/8 seems to be the optimal setting for outdoor landscapes. Check out Ken Rockwell's review of this lens - a nice sleeper bargain!

Canon "Chrome Nose" 35mm 1:2: Radioactive thorium element has been UV treated. Cool, trippy concave front element!! Cosmetically scuffed up but focuses, stops down and tests out just fine. Optically a close second to my Leica 35/2 - substantially better than my AF-Nikkor 35/2. See my quick shootout thread on this forum site.

Canon FDn 50mm 1:1.4: Local Craigslist buy. The front element group had some weird condensation stains. I disassembled it twice and finally got it cleaned out pretty good, but you should know it has been repaired by a ham-handed amateur. That is reflected in the price. The lens is light and small for a fast 50. It tests pretty good for wide open performance, but not the head of the pack, stopped down. Again, see my quick 50mm shootout for some illustrated results.

Canon FL 55mmm 1:1.2: This had a large fungus stain on the front element which I had professionally cleaned and re-coated by a professional repair shop (Focal Point). Now the glass looks immaculate. Wide open, there is the usual haze but a surprising amount of detail. At f/5.6, this lens is scary, crazy sharp, all the way to the corners. And of course, it offers speed and shallow focus most other lenses can't match. I was tempted to hang on to this but I have a few fast 50s that are smaller and lighter and close enough for sharpness.

All these prices are a substantial loss from what I invested and are at or below the low end of eBay pricing. I offer these here for a quick sale - once these go on eBay, the above offers will be void and I will see the auctions through to their conclusion.

Do please feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions. Purchase offers are taken on a first come / first serve basis.

Thanks for looking!
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS
    </br>Shipping charge</br> included (non-US buyers please PM)
    </br>Handling time</br> 1 business day
    </br>References</br> eBay, TalkBass.com same user name
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Open to trade offers
    • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
    • Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. lattiboy

lattiboy TalkEmount Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jan 27, 2012
  3. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff