1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

21mm UWC for FE28 on a6k

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Noor, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Noor

Noor TalkEmount Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Noor Arnaout
    Hello all ,

I have just got the FE28F2 to be used on my a6000 and I am now considering to get the UWA 21mm f2.8 converter. Many reviews are saying that the converter is soft on the sides , however I am wondering if it will perform well on a crop sensor considering the worst is being cropped , anyone with experience with this combination.

2. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    Do you plan on useing any filters? No can do on Sony UWA convertors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Noor

Noor TalkEmount Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Noor Arnaout
    I don't use filters , I think a lot can be done in post these days !

4. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    I tend to use ND filters alot for long exposures. That can't be reproduced in post. I had the UWA convertor for the 16mm f2.8. I liked the combinatuion but not being able to use filters was frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Noor

Noor TalkEmount Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Noor Arnaout
    I have never made use of filters yet but I will take that into consideration , the only reason I can imagine needing a filter is long exposures in broad daylight. But I am wondering whether that setup will be sharper then the Sigma 19mm. The convenience of changing FL without exposing the sensor is also a win for me..

Moreover it needs to be clearly better then the SEL16-50 @21mm to justify the purchase !