1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

20x16 inch prints with NEX3/kit lens

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Bugleone, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    My first attempt at decent size prints from the NEX 3,...these are now on display in my local Arts Centre along withthe work of seven oterh local photogrpahers. As a former medium format film photgrapher I am well pleased with the excellent image quality from this little combo.

brassy.

bigpix.

mouthy.

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    It's always nice to be able to show your work in an art center. :)

And I still love the picture of your dog! He just looks sooo happy on this one. :D

Edit: Just double checked you shot them with a original NEX-3. I'm happy the sensor in my NEX-5 isn't too outdated.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    That's great! It's always nice to have your work displayed, it gives a sense of achievement and a feeling of appreciation to your work and vision. Good on you

4. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    very good pictures, I'm learning a lot and in my plans to return to my country, Mexico, do many photography and offer them for sale at the municipal museum, and the funds raised to a foundation to promote education.
    I talked to my son the other day and he is enthusiastic about this project, we will live in a quaint colonial town .

5. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Nice shots and nice to see two such very different shots.

Poki, the sooner we all get over obsessing about things being outdated the happier we will all be:). Well, most of us - the manufacturers and retailers won't be pleased.

I'm shooting happily with my 4 year old A200 with its even older 10MP CCD sensor (early versions of it go back to the Nikon D200 in 2005). I just got an image from last year framed and hung on the wall this week. Guess what - nobody's noticed it's an 'outdated' sensor; they just like the picture.

6. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    The brass leaps off the print and the "play with me" dog photo is simply superb.