2014 nex lens roadmap ???

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Azon, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Azon

Azon TalkEmount Regular

Jul 31, 2013
    Hi guys,
    does anybody knows something about nex lenses Sony intended to bring to us in this year?
    I tried to google the subject but still have no info...
  2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    The APS-C lenses we know we will get are the Zeiss Touit 2.8/50 macro and a high quality, fast mid telephoto prime from Sony. Everything else? I've no idea. But I'd say we're almost covered with everything by now.
  3. Azon

Azon TalkEmount Regular

Jul 31, 2013
    Almost it's a very good word:) Mid telephoto it's 75-80mm? I'd like to get long focus zoom something like 50-150 faster than F4.5-6.3, at least F4.
  4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Well, there's the 70-200 f/4 if you want to carry the weight ... Otherwise, yeah, the mid telephoto prime probably will be a 85mm f/1.8 or so.
  5. Azon

Azon TalkEmount Regular

Jul 31, 2013
    Not the weight not the size not the price. I wan't going FF so my wish to get something small APSC oriented and higher quality than 55-210... If I'm not asking too much:)))
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    Fixing the issues with 55-210 would be better than coming up with yet another lens.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    That surely would be a good idea but I'm not going to hold my breath... Anyway, Sony will come up with the FE 70-200/4 to offer a telezoom option for the A7/A7R, so it's up to us Sony users to decide if we'll buy it.
  8. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I've been carrying the Vivitar (Kiron) 75-205 f/3.8 on both my K-30 and NEX-5R since I got it a week ago. It is listed at 1.7 lb (716g). It is also 6" (9cm) in length and almost 3" (7.6cm) in diameter. It is not hard to hand hold at all. I'm sure the IQ of a Sony or Zeiss 70-200 would be superior, but the IQ on mine is good. I don't have an A7, but it would be interesting to see what such a lens would do on FF.

9. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the 55-210 other than that it's not meant to be a super fast lens. I've had good results with this lens in good light. I don't think Sony will make anything too similar to this lens any time soon. Maybe a fast 50-150 as has been rumored before or a longer lens (300mm) would be nice but probably not likely.

Unfortunately, I think Sony will focus on getting FE lenses out over the next little while so we probably won't see too many dedicated APS-C lenses.
  10. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, it seems like a no brainer for Sony to take the Minolta MD 85mm F2 and turning that lens design into an e-mount lens.

I'd be keen. Might even be cheaper than what those Minoltas go for
  11. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Any news when these lenses would be released? Mostly intrested in the short telephoto lens.
  12. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC