1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

2 Cameras. Do I need to purchase Timelapse app twice?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by JasonMok, Mar 16, 2015.

1. JasonMok

JasonMok New to TalkEmount

Jan 26, 2015
    Hello everyone, first I'd like to thank you for taking the time to help me with my inquiry. I have tried searching but could not find a definitive answer, and hopefully you guys could help me out.

I have 2 cameras, the a6000 and the A7ii. Both have the Timelapse app, Version 3.00 available for purchase at $10. Are purchased apps linked to your account, or to your camera? Will I have to purchase Timelapse once or twice?

Thank you everyone!

2. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    I have downloaded the Timelapse app to my nex5r, nex6 and A7 on the one purchase. It links to your account but from memory there is a limited number of cameras you can download to on the one purchase. I think it's 5 but i know 3 was no problem.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JasonMok

JasonMok New to TalkEmount

Jan 26, 2015
    Thanks for the prompt response southy!

4. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    A Timelapse app? For $10? I just searched the Apple app store and didn't see any costing $10 (although I saw a bunch of "bundles" for even more than that). Could I get someone to point me to a link so that I could see what icon represents what you guys are talking about?

Thanks,

5. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
  6. ggibson

ggibson TalkEmount Regular

Sep 1, 2011
    How do you all like the timelapse app? I haven't bothered to buy any of the apps from the store yet since most seem gimmicky, but this one actually seems like it's useful. Any other apps you'd recommend?

7. mrlrz

mrlrz TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    I use the Time Lapse application and it works just fine, they keep to update and it's getting better and better.
    I enjoy Smart Remote Control and installed Flickr Direct Upload / Photo Retouch just in case, but never used.

@JasonMok@JasonMok you purchase 10 licences

8. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    I tried downloading the timelapse app and my camera told me that I needed update the firmware first. Seems like a lot of work.