1tb SDXC card

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Alex66, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Alex66

Alex66 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2014
    Sandisk/WD have announced a 1tb card, this got me thinking with the new A99 and the rumoured A9 with we hope 2 card slots as well. Although the card is very expensive a set up where the camera stores the same images to two cards it makes a brilliant back up card. You could have it permanently in the camera with the advantage of no risk of dropping it but frequent changes of the other cards to reduce the risk of in the field card failure. I would not be too keen on keeping the card in a pocket of a bag as the only card being used drop that and its a lot of information lost. The tech behind it could be used to make a small back up device like the Hyperdrive things but the size of a smaller smart phone superb if wanting to travel light, one could be made with say 1tb internal and 2 card slots for overflow storage or 2nd back up. The last idea was camera makers could build the storage in to the camera, perhaps as a faster secondary buffer if it missed out the hardware to write to an inserted card could it be faster. If it was just not so expensive.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    With the fps and big buffer beasts like the recent 1DX mark ii and D5, D500 and/or crazy resolution cameras (>36mp), I can understand the need for bigger/faster cards but 1tb is extreme IMHO...
    I would definitely would not want to lose one of these, or have a card failure on the field (example at a wedding for wedding photographers) with all the photos lost...