1st select color (yellow) monotone from NEX-5N cropped

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
There has been a lot of talk regarding the color filters not working properly on the NEX cameras since firmware v.4, I think that effect works really well in this photo though.

HappyPuppy

TalkEmount Rookie
Both pics are excellent examples of the filter. I stayed away from playing with it until it was "fixed". I think I will give it a try

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
issues

There has been a lot of talk regarding the color filters not working properly on the NEX cameras since firmware v.4, I think that effect works really well in this photo though.
I agree, I have tried several times but with very limited success.

Yours works well.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
I've not had the chance to try this yet...

The NEX just blows me away so much it still feels like Christmas, lol.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
The Partial Color Mode "default" on the NEX-5N seems to be set at the middle tint of the isolation colour of choice (yellow selected below).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Because yellow has various tints and shades (from mango to lemon, light and dark), the software can sometimes miss certain yellows that are outside of the default parameter (left pic).

Click left on the menu wheel to select - Brightness - Colour - Vividness (below the screen, which are all set on Auto default) and customize values to widen the parameter until it encompasses the object's colour entirely before taking the shot (right pic). The controls can also be used to narrow down the parameter further to exclude undesirable yellows if the composition requires it (let's say I just want the top of the pencil sharpener to be yellow).

Same goes for Blue, Red, and Green.

Obviously this shooting mode will work best with simple and clearly defined coloured objects... and can't be expected to excel in overly complex coloured environments.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom