• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

16-50mm pancake just a little bigger than 16mm pancake.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Power zoom? I'll take a pass.

I hear ya... "power-zoom" somehow doesn't quite fit with the ethos that made the NEX the enthusiast's choice that it is today. I believe that one of the main reasons for this is because the NEX has brought back tremendous satisfaction by re-engaging the photographer to the sense of touch (tactility) with decision making... especially in MF modes.

Adding battery-sapping automation to something so easily done by simply rotating a barrel will add an alienating effect to some degree. Kinda makes me think that Sony might just be recycling the innards of one of their compact cameras. I could be wrong, but it might transform the 'feel' of the venerable "ala-rangefinder NEX" into a generic "ala-compact NEX"... is the enthusiast market really that fascinated with total automation?

Unless of course this is Sony's goal, to make the NEX more universally appealing to a larger slice of the market. Can't see why though, Sony's Cyber-shot compact line-up is already more than capable of doing that...

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
sounds interesting, it the time, we got more E-mount lenses , Sony is making now, more cameras than lenses, what is happening?

West

New to TalkEmount
I will probably get it over the 35mm just for the greater angle of view, which should make it a more attractive street lens.

gio

TalkEmount Veteran
you can zoom it by twisting the barrel ,but it's still a power zoom when you do. it does give a bit more control with practice

Latest threads

Top Bottom