1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

12/04/14 - Black & White - 96% Full Moon - Mostly Cloudy Conditions

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by roundball, Dec 4, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    12/04/14 - 96% Full Moon - Mostly Cloudy

Canon FDn 400/4.5, Sony NEX-7, Daylight WB, Spot Metering, Black & White, ISO200, F11, 1/125

HERE IT COMES.....

LIGHT EVEN CLOUD HAZE

STRIPS OF CLOUDS

STRIPS OF CLOUDS

• Like Like x 6
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Nice, really like the first shot btw.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yup, love them in B&W ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Nice work Roundball. First shot is very cool!

• Like Like x 1
  5. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I also tried to get a shot with both the foliage and the moon in focus...but never could get it all together.
    As you know, when the moon is that low, it's moving up out of frame very quickly...I spent so much time constantly moving / readjusting tripod alignment trying to catch up / re-find the moon than I had time to spend experimenting on getting both things in sharp focus.

As a side note, no matter how many times I get a few shots of the Moon itself, I still shake my head that I / we can basically step into our yards...mount a basic camera & lens on a tripod...and get that kind of Moon detail through roughly a quarter million miles of atmospheric conditions...the whole time as it's traveling along at about 2,300 mph...it just doesn't seem like I should be able to do that as just a regular John Doe, using simple over-the-counter equipment.

• Like Like x 1