1 lens you love the most?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ilovenex, Feb 21, 2013.

1. ilovenex

ilovenex TalkEmount Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    share that 1 lens you love the most out of all your lenses :)
  2. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    That's easy..my MD Rokkor 35-70/3.5 macro. If I had to I could happily exit with just that lens attached to my NEX.
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Sorry, I'm hopelessly promiscuous. Can't pick just one. :p
  4. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Until I got the SEL35/1.8, the PEN F 38/1.8 was my favorite lens. Now it's taken a back seat despite being optically better due to the convenience of autofocus.
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012

6. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    I can see that. How close is the SEL35 to the Pen 38 IQ wise?
  7. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    Cz 16-80. I just love this lens
  8. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Now if I could pick a second lens it would be my MC Rokkor 100/2.5
  9. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Side question- if you had to sell all your lenses but one, which one would you keep? And is your keeper your favorite? ;)

Of the lenses I have now, my favorite is probably my CV15. But the one I'd keep would be my Tamron 28-75. If I had a SEL18200 I'd keep that, but since I don't have one the Tamron gets the nod.
  10. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    My desert island lens? That one's easy for me: the SEL1650PZ. But no, I wouldn't call it my favorite, just the most versatile.
  11. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Currently, Auto Chinon 50mm 1.4. Really suprising....surprisingly :)
  12. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    It's a toss up between the ROKKOR 50mm f/1.4 and my Tamron 90mm Macro. Macro being my favorite thing to shoot, I'd probably opt for it.
  13. applemint

applemint TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    For any camera? Either my Panasonic 20mm f1.7 or my Sony Alpha 85mm f2.8 - sharp wide open, crappy build quality but optically excellent and cheap (mine was £127 new after cashback). Okay it's not as good or as fast as the Nikon 85mm f1.8 G (which is twice the price) but it's still a great lens for the price. The Panasonic 20mm f1.7 is also sharp wide open, small and light and decent build quality. It's almost certainly the only reason I didn't abandon m43 altogether and I got a G3 to use just with this lens. I am sure the Panasonic/Leica 25mm is possibly even better but I haven't used that due to the high price and larger size putting me off.

None of the above are SEL e-mount lenses though obviously - not sure any of those are my favourite lens however (I only have the 18-55, 16 + WAC and 55-210), but of the legacies my Minolta 50mm f1.7 is probably my favourite - sharp from f2.8 and my copy is excellent, hardly even a speck of dust inside. It was my first legacy lens purchase and I got lucky. :) The Alpha 85mm though can of course be used on the Nex via the Sony adapter (which I don't yet have).
  14. Chuck Lawson

Chuck Lawson TalkEmount Regular

Nov 23, 2012
    Dallas area
    Here I thought I'd be the only pariah who'd choose the 16/50PZ. :) I think I'd actually call it my favorite, due to the versatility and compactness. I'm getting real fond of the Sigma 19 and Sony 50 for whenever they're appropriate, but for grab and go it's almost always going to be the 16/50.
  15. RalllyFan

RalllyFan TalkEmount Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    It would have to be my CV35. We've bonded and are happily in love.
  16. pictogramax

pictogramax TalkEmount Regular

Apr 16, 2012
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Minolta Rokkor 45mm f2.

I love both the smoothness of operation and image characteristics; the "creamy" look compared to modern clinically sharp glass. It's a bit long sometimes indoors (35 or 28 would be better), but anytime I'm out, it shines. Outdoors it's wide enough when needed and long enough also, allowing sufficient blur-out of background.

I take it off only to put on my Vivitar 28mmf2.8 which is good, it's Komine made and I like the look it gives, but do not love it mechanically as Rokkor; no characteristic dumpened "swoosh" of focusing ring and gentlest "click-click-click" of aperture changes.
  17. Bill

Bill TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    The 35mm f/1.8 has to get my nod, but the 24mm is close on its heels.

I'm not, however, a slave to the past. I want to see the upcoming 32mm Zeiss and the (hoped for) 85mm.
  18. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    My favourite is the CV40/1.4 and it would also be the one I kept if I had to sell all but one.

I have a soft-spot for the SEL50/1.8 as it's the first lens I ever had that made me feel great about a photo I took.

I'm constantly surprised by how often I use the SEL16/2.8 with or without the UWC adapter.
  19. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    It would be the MD Rokkor 35-70/3.5...I have a few favorites but if I was going with just one lens that would be it.
  20. Hawon

Hawon TalkEmount Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Mine is SEL16f28 since it is the only lens I currently have.
    I am torn between to get either SEL35F18 or SEL50F18 =\