01/27/15 PM 56% Waxing Half Moon, fairly clear atmosphere

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by roundball, Jan 27, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    01/27/15 PM 56% Waxing Half Moon
    Angle of reflected sunlight is changing rapidly every day, now illumination is vertical.
    Mountain ranges becoming visible.

Canon FDn 400/4.5 on NEX-7

View attachment 55544

View attachment 55545

• Like Like x 7
  2. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    More great moon shots! You're really getting very good at these.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    These are awesome! My pitiful attempts at moon shots have all been dismal failures. I think I'll just stick to admiring the work of those who know what they're doing!

• Like Like x 1
  4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Well, I appreciate the comments but I'm still down on the learning curve with all this, using my manual Canon FD lenses on the NEX-7...and with so much cold rainy weather lately my photo ops have been few and far between so I apologize for so many moon (and bird) shots. But when there's a clear sky and the moon's orbit schedule has it right there in plain view from my front yard, its hard to ignore.
    I will mention I used my wireless remote instead of the 2 second timer for the last couple moon shot attempts and like the results. Possibly slight vibrations on the camera / lens / tripod from pressing down the shutter button even to start the timer may not have been 100% settled down during the 2 seconds, don't know...but I'll be using the wireless remote from now on and see if the trend continues.

• Like Like x 1