01/27/15 PM 56% Waxing Half Moon, fairly clear atmosphere

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by roundball, Jan 27, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    01/27/15 PM 56% Waxing Half Moon
    Angle of reflected sunlight is changing rapidly every day, now illumination is vertical.
    Mountain ranges becoming visible.

Canon FDn 400/4.5 on NEX-7

• Like Like x 7
  2. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    More great moon shots! You're really getting very good at these.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    These are awesome! My pitiful attempts at moon shots have all been dismal failures. I think I'll just stick to admiring the work of those who know what they're doing!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    Well, I appreciate the comments but I'm still down on the learning curve with all this, using my manual Canon FD lenses on the NEX-7...and with so much cold rainy weather lately my photo ops have been few and far between so I apologize for so many moon (and bird) shots. But when there's a clear sky and the moon's orbit schedule has it right there in plain view from my front yard, its hard to ignore.
    I will mention I used my wireless remote instead of the 2 second timer for the last couple moon shot attempts and like the results. Possibly slight vibrations on the camera / lens / tripod from pressing down the shutter button even to start the timer may not have been 100% settled down during the 2 seconds, don't know...but I'll be using the wireless remote from now on and see if the trend continues.
    • Like Like x 1