Yay......I'm downgrading too!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by teefin1, Feb 1, 2013.

1. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Ok, I've had enough of crashing the party, I wanna be jumped in, again. So I just sealed the deal on a C3 with usual bits and bobs. I'm excited, I've nEver bought a camera on EBay so I'm a tad nervous too, hope I don't get a brick!

I have a 135mm 2.8 and Dixey's Konica 50mm 1.4 that I haven't been able to fully road test yet.

I read Claire's thread on the C3, any other info about the C3 that I mighta missed?

Tracy :)

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Hey Tracy, let's make a NEX C3 mommies' group, lol !
    Very cool, I'll have a sister in arms here. I intend to order the SEL 35/1.8 next week and see how it performs. If happy with it, I'll buy a 7 body again and be settled for a while :)

3. teefin1

I think we have an established NEXship here! Do you like the C3? I tried out an F3 and was pretty impressed for an entry level body, IQ wasn't hugely different to the 5n, low light wAs good, so I'm expecting the C3 to be similar.

4. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

My C3 was shipped today, but since I'm leaving on vacation and won't be here to sign for it on Monday, I'll have to wait another week to try it. But I sure am excited ! I'll order the SEL35 from my vacation location to have it shortly upon returning :)

5. teefin1

Ooh, I will prob get mine first then (vacation, whats that?) exciting stuff. Interested in your views on the 35/1.8, not that I'll get one in E mount, much cheaper in A. The C3 will be only manual lenses, though I rarely use AF on the A57.

6. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Kevin

I like the C3. I never noticed much difference in the images between the C3 and my 5n. About my only recommendation...wrist strap!!!

7. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Regular

Tom
    I have not seen the details of the SEL 35mm (number of elements and groups) but I assume that it is very similar to the SAM 35mm f:1.8. I have been using that lens on my A700 for some time, and have been very impressed with its performance. The lens feels very light and "plasticy", which leads the user to expect poor results, but it delivers really nice images.

- Tom -

8. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Bruce
    Have fun and post your images. Congrats!
    Bruce

9. teefin1

One thing I've read is that there is no way to assign AEL to any button. A shame; I use that function quite a lot.