• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Site software change

roundball

TalkEmount Legend
I'm getting some now...but only 'after' I open a particular category.

But I swear I recall being able to sign on, seeing a red flag of 3 new posts for example, could simply glance to the right and see if they were of any interest, and if not I'd just click 'Mark all forums read' and leave.

That little number has changed from Red to Blue and I don't have any listings in the right margin until I make a mouse stroke...has that changed?

Amin

TalkEmount All-Pro
@roundball I'm having a hard time understanding what you are describing. I know about the little red number that is now blue, but I don't know about right margin listings that require a mouse stroke. Can you provide screenshots and more details?

roundball

TalkEmount Legend
I just had a brainstorm...I've changed my 'desktop shortcut' so it goes straight to the active discussion category.

roundball

TalkEmount Legend
My apologies then...I'm probably remembering wrong.
I thought whenever I signed on, the screenshot below had the listing of recent postings / discussions in chronological order on the right side...in addition to the little red (now blue) number which indicated some new posts made since last visit, etc.
And now that right margin / sidebar space is empty (below my member info)

View attachment 57559

dragion

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
William
Request:

Amin~can you bring back the previous font selections?
The current available fonts doesn't give enough choices and I really miss "Century Gothic"

Thanks!
William

Amin

TalkEmount All-Pro
My apologies then...I'm probably remembering wrong.
I thought whenever I signed on, the screenshot below had the listing of recent postings / discussions in chronological order on the right side...in addition to the little red (now blue) number which indicated some new posts made since last visit, etc.
And now that right margin / sidebar space is empty (below my member info)

View attachment 57565

I see what you mean now and will fix it.

Request:

Amin~can you bring back the previous font selections?
The current available fonts doesn't give enough choices and I really miss "Century Gothic"

Thanks!
William

I didn't know we had font choices or that I had removed any! Are you talking about the old software, or did that option disappear just now?

dragion

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
William
I see what you mean now and will fix it.

I didn't know we had font choices or that I had removed any! Are you talking about the old software, or did that option disappear just now?

It was from the old software drop down menu. You could select the font type for your reply.
In the current software it is located in the second box and 3rd tab on the right...it is now called "Font Family".
The issue is that there are only 8 fonts to choose from...a lot less than before.

I hope you can add more font families to the new software.

Thanks!

roundball

TalkEmount Legend
Appears to be fixed Amin, thank you !

(and I'm as glad to know I wasn't losing my mind as I am to have the listing back, LOL)

Good Morning Amin...just an FYI.
That right side bar "Recent Discussions" doesn't appear to be getting updates / staying in synch with the same sidebar listings per individual categories.
They change and update real-time, but that main sidebar you got displaying for me again yesterday seems to be sitting static at yesterday's activity.
Just thought I'd let you know, thanks

Amin

TalkEmount All-Pro
Good Morning Amin...just an FYI.
That right side bar "Recent Discussions" doesn't appear to be getting updates / staying in synch with the same sidebar listings per individual categories.
They change and update real-time, but that main sidebar you got displaying for me again yesterday seems to be sitting static at yesterday's activity.
Just thought I'd let you know, thanks

Fixed ;)

It was from the old software drop down menu. You could select the font type for your reply.
In the current software it is located in the second box and 3rd tab on the right...it is now called "Font Family".
The issue is that there are only 8 fonts to choose from...a lot less than before.

Thanks!

Working on it.

Amin

TalkEmount All-Pro

Thanks!

As it turns out, this is difficult to do in XenForo, and would have to be done with every update. I'll look for an easier method, but I can't provide it at this time.

dragion

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
William
As it turns out, this is difficult to do in XenForo, and would have to be done with every update. I'll look for an easier method, but I can't provide it at this time.

I understand and really appreciate the effort.
If possible...it will be great!

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into running this site and I thank you Amin! :bravo-009:

José De Bardi

Assistant in Virtue
Real Name
José
Hi Amin,

FYI, if you are using a small screen, the toolbar at the top chops off the user/inbox/alerts part...
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.48.02.png
   ---            

If I resize my browser and then maximise to this size again it works (it moves Leica Place to a dropdown). Not sure if it's a Safari specific thing or something you can fix?

Oddly it also fixes itself once I navigate to another thread etc, it's only on the first load of the page it is broken.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
I had an issue lately. One that didn't occurred before.

(On my iPad) When you're in a thread and press "reply", the pop-up keyboard that appears blocks the reply box thus you can not see what you're writing or press "post" etc.

Latest threads

Top Bottom