Ads by Google

B&H Photo

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post


    M4/3 lens on Nex

    Hi all,

    I've just bought a Nex 5n and I would like to know if anyone has tried putting m4/3 lens on the Nex system.

    I suppose there should be an adapter on sale for this, but I would like to know if the m4/3 lens will vignette. I have a good kit of m4/3 lens and want to know if I can use my m4/3 9-18 on Nex.
    That should be great for me for shooting interiors. I already asked for ultrawide lens for the Nex system or buying one and adapting it but they cost a kidney...and I'm very affectionate to it
    So the best would be just using what I already own for now.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    it will vignette a lot.
    plus you are not able to control aperture and focus, being all electronic.
    basically it's useless to put a m4/3 lens on a nex camera.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Quote Originally Posted by riccardocovino View Post
    it will vignette a lot.
    plus you are not able to control aperture and focus, being all electronic.
    basically it's useless to put a m4/3 lens on a nex camera.
    Thanks


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 46 Times in 24 Posts


    Why would you want to do such a thing? It won't AF. Just get a MF lens.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Quote Originally Posted by lenshoarder View Post
    Why would you want to do such a thing? It won't AF. Just get a MF lens.
    For the very simple reason that I already have them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    I don't think you can even MF, much less AF on most all M 4/3 lenses.

    But just for fun, you can always hold one of your M 4/3 lenses to your NEX body, and see what kind of image is projected. I would expect some of the lenses to cover the entire NEX sensor (like how some c-mount lenses cover the NEX sensor), but since both aperture and focus are electronically controlled you're pretty much out of luck actually using them.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
    I don't think you can even MF, much less AF on most all M 4/3 lenses.

    But just for fun, you can always hold one of your M 4/3 lenses to your NEX body, and see what kind of image is projected. I would expect some of the lenses to cover the entire NEX sensor (like how some c-mount lenses cover the NEX sensor), but since both aperture and focus are electronically controlled you're pretty much out of luck actually using them.
    Good idea. I'll try it as soon as I can.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Support TalkEmount

Buy Though Our Links

LeicaPlace

Recent Discussions

[Sample Archive] Sony/Zeiss Sonnar FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA ( 1 2)
Lens ( 1 2)

Latest Member Ads

FTC Disclosure

This site uses affiliate programs and referral links for monetization.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0