Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

What type of strap are people using

As in the title what strap do most people use ? What are the goods and bads of the straps that they have tried.

I personally don't particularly like neck straps I find them very uncomfortable. At the moment I am using a octopus wrist strap from eBay it's quite a generous strap nice and thick and a reasonable length. But it like all wrist straps doesn't leave you hands free for when you need to change lenses and the like. I have just ordered the Joby sling strap to give that a go, I liked the Joby because it seems to have a slimmer design unlike others like the black rapid strap that has a huge pad. So having tried a few different straps without finding one I like yet I thought I would see what you guys are doing and what works best for you or not. It might even help the next person from buying a bunch of straps they don't need like me lol. Anyway I am looking forward to getting the Joby strap and giving that a go you never know it might be the one for me.
    DSLR's: Sony a77 (gripped), Sony a580 (gripped).Lenses:Sal1650, Sal50M28, Sal1680Z, Sal70300G, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5HSM, Kenko 2x Teleplus PRO 300 teleconverter. Flash:HVL-F43AM. Mirrorless:Nex f3, FDAEV1S Viewfinder. Lenses:Sel1855, Sel55210, Sel16f28 Converter VCLECU1. Compact:Sony HX30V. Tripods: Benro A-0681, Benro MP-96 Monopod, Joby DSLR Zoom Gorilla Pod

Thanks
    Real Name
    Ad

I use Nikon AN-6W neckstraps on all my cameras, from the Nikon F3 in 1994 to the NEX-6 and Panasonic GH2 I have now. They are wide enough and they don't irritate my neck like the neckstraps delivered with today's cameras. The yellow ones (AN-6Y) are a bit too conspicuous to my taste.

Thanks
    Real Name
    Chad

BlackRapid.

Thanks

I have read that somewhere else that the Nikon straps are really good and people use them on all sorts of cameras. I know one thing for sure Sony may know how to make a great little camera but they can't make straps for quids. The neck strap that came with my f3 could just about decapitate someone it's that stiff and ruff.
    DSLR's: Sony a77 (gripped), Sony a580 (gripped).Lenses:Sal1650, Sal50M28, Sal1680Z, Sal70300G, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5HSM, Kenko 2x Teleplus PRO 300 teleconverter. Flash:HVL-F43AM. Mirrorless:Nex f3, FDAEV1S Viewfinder. Lenses:Sel1855, Sel55210, Sel16f28 Converter VCLECU1. Compact:Sony HX30V. Tripods: Benro A-0681, Benro MP-96 Monopod, Joby DSLR Zoom Gorilla Pod

Thanks

Op/Tech USA Gotscha Wriststrap. Will do just fine. Weight capacity of 4,5 kg.
    Last edited by Frank Teurlings; March 11th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.
    "That I shoot is not to say that I am a photographer" www.wandelengeniet.nl

Thanks
    Real Name
    Tom

I use the supplied strap, but I'm thinking of going the wrist strap route. For some reason, whenever I shoot in portrait the strap is always either in front of the lens or in front of the LCD. I almost want to go strapless, but I've been known to be a bit of a butter fingers, so some form of safety is required.
    Sony NEX-5n // Leica IIIf RDST // Sigma 19mm F2.8 // Voigtlander 21mm F4 // Nikon 28mm F2.8 AIS // Voigtlander 35mm F2.5 Color-Skopar // Leica 50mm F3.5 Elmar // Leica 90mm F4 Elmar

Thanks
    Real Name
    Colin

If I'm only carrying the camera (and maybe one lens in a pocket) I use a BlackRapids strap. If I'm using a bag I use a wrist strap.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 531 Posts
    Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by RalllyFan View Post
    I use the supplied strap, but I'm thinking of going the wrist strap route. For some reason, whenever I shoot in portrait the strap is always either in front of the lens or in front of the LCD. I almost want to go strapless, but I've been known to be a bit of a butter fingers, so some form of safety is required.
    Yep, butterfingers is what made me make a wrist strap from paracord. It has saved the 5N more than once.
    lumen capere… because it's fleeting

Thanks

I use a Gariz Marshmallow wrist strap on my Nex:
    Gariz du & dus Camera Wrist Strap for Olympus Panasonic Sony NEX M4/3 DC - Black | eBay

I have an Octopus wrist strap for my G3 and an old Minolta neck strap for my A37.

Thanks
    Real Name
    Peter Chin is my real name.

Cotton carrier hand strap ill post a photo later im in bed i use it as a second carry on the cotton carrier vest, im not big on neck or wrist straps, slings on some bodies bit actually prefer no straps but since dropping my fuji awhile back i seriously re-thought that habit and cotton carrier vest with hand strap is what i settled on for now.
    For me, pointing and clicking my phone is absolutely fine. People say that isn't the art of photography but I don't agree.
    Annie Lennox

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast