Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downgrading !!

Thanks

Downgrading !!

Hey friends

as some of you might remember I've been NEXless since last week (sold my 7). I have a lot of cameras on the way (loans from incredibly trusting and generous photog friends) and I also treated myself to a X10 that I love (please Dixeyk, never buy a Leica, pretty please !!), but I kinda felt uneasy not having a focus peaking body to shoot the beautiful legacy lenses I've collected and cherry picked over the past few months.
    So I started researching a cheaper NEX option that I could live with, and I ended up hunting a C3. Prices have dropped to a ridiculously low level and I was able to bargain a body only out of a kit for 140€, shipped. The thing is like new, in the box with flash, etc, still with warranty, and has less than 4K actuations on it. Since I just sold my black 18-55 for 130€, basically the C3 is costing me 10 euros
    I can already hear my legacies taking a dead breath of relief in the lens drawer !

Thanks
    Real Name
    Nick

That's a heck of a deal!!!

So, you didn't manage to stay Nex-less for too long, lol :P
    NEX-6
    • Sony G 18-105mm ƒ/4 PZ
    • MD Rokkor X 50mm ƒ/1.4 • MD 50mm ƒ/1.7 • MD Rokkor X 35mm ƒ/2.8 • MD 35-70mm ƒ/3.5 w/Macro • MD Tele-Rokkor 135mm ƒ/3.5 • MD 35-105mm ƒ/3.5-4.5 • MD 28-85mm ƒ/3.5-4.5 • MD 35-135mm ƒ/3.5-4.5 • MD Rokkor X 50-135mm ƒ/3.5 • MD 70-210mm ƒ/4.5-5.6 • MD 24-35mm ƒ/3.5
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50194292@N05/

Thanks
    Real Name
    Matěj

Interesting kind of regression...

I thing C3 has really bad grip for legacy lenses...

Thanks

Well, I sort of see it as a lifelong membership fee to this board

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattithjah View Post
    Interesting kind of regression...

I thing C3 has really bad grip for legacy lenses...
    Does it ?? In fact I thought I liked (visually) the shape of the rounded grip better than the more square shaped one on the 5N...

Thanks
    Real Name
    Matěj

I donť like it visually :-) and once I try it at store and it is really horribly to hold it, especially one-hand. I prefer shape of my NEX-5 grip instead.

Thanks

Does the c3 have peaking? For some reason I thought it didn't, otherwise I might buy one!

Thanks

Not only does it have peaking, but it also allows the custom menu function (as on the 6 via the Fn button), which I find to be the second best approach to NEX UI, right after the 7's TriNavi. So it's a very appealing little digital back for me !

Thanks

There are only 2 drawbacks with the C3 that I know of:

1) Manual flashes don't work out of the box & hot shoe adapters don't put the camera into flash mode (bulb mode trick works but it is rather unprofessional).
    2) No remote trigger.

I try to cope with C3 (and Olympus pl-1) until Nex line has stabilized (to day 3 flash connectors and no wireless flash) and full frame is available and affordable. I may even purchase another C3 at some point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattithjah View Post
    I donť like it visually :-) and once I try it at store and it is really horribly to hold it, especially one-hand. I prefer shape of my NEX-5 grip instead.
    I have never used a C3 but it does look a lot less substantial than the grip on the Nex 5.

Sony NEX-C3 Concise Review: Digital Photography Review

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast