Ads by Google

B&H Photo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Real Name
    Markus

Changes... do the right thing at the right time!?

He folks.
    Today I quite my job at my company after 15 years working with them...
    Really strange feeling to know that in 3 months (thats notice period) I will work for a new company... New colleagues, new product to sell...
    :'( and :-) at the same time...

Worked in the printing industry since I studied, now I will be with on of Germanys biggest producer of firefighting trucks and ladders... B-)
    Last edited by Grisu_HDH; January 29th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Sony NEX-5T/SEL35F18OSS/SEL1855OSS/SEL55210OSS/SEL16F28+ECU1+ECF1/Minolta MD 50-1.4/Sigma MD Macro 50-2.8
    "Of course the equipment was expensive and I do not have better pictures. But now I have more fun with my bad pictures." (Heiko Kanzler)
    Flickr

Thanks

Sometimes changes in your life a motivator. Especially if you're looking for a new challenge. And there may be other work and colleagues are a part of.
    "That I shoot is not to say that I am a photographer" www.wandelengeniet.nl

Thanks
    Real Name
    Chad

I hope to change industries soon...within the next 6 months. Been working in law enforcement since 1999...now I am moving on to respiratory therapy. Just recently graduated with my degree...now I need to get certified and find a new job.

Thanks

Welcome to the club ! On January 18th I left the company, job, colleagues, I'd been with for the past 6 years. So not nearly as long as you, but still a slice of my life. Still adapting now, but feel good overall. Our activity had been taken over by a new company with zero regard for the employees, so I kissed them goodbye !

Thanks
    Real Name
    Jim

Congrats on the career change.
    lumen capere… because it's fleeting

Thanks
    Real Name
    Jeff

Must be an international bug or something. After 15 years, I recently quit being a full-time musician. It's nice to have some latitude to do what one needs to do!

Thanks
    Real Name
    Ad

Congrats on all the career changes, hope you all enjoy your new careers. Being almost 59 it's not easy to get a new job here in The Netherlands, but hey, you never know...

Thanks

Well, I'm 43 and unemployment hasn't been this severe in France since... Actually it probably NEVER has been this severe. I need about a year of training to be able to look for a new position, and the bureaucratic process to even apply for the training is hellish... But I needed the break and heck, slavery has been banned in 1841 (or close) and I won't stand firms trying to bring it back with the excuse of The Recession. "You should be grateful to even have a job" is such a vicious, comtemptuous thing to say. Screw them

Thanks
    Real Name
    Markus

Well the EURO zone really is dealing with high unemployment these days and things don't seem to get better...
    Greece, Spain, France,... so really a hard decision to quite a safe job just to do something new... especially now that we are working on "Project Family", both being in our mid thirties...

Really strange to share these kind of thoughts with people here in a camera user group... *thumbup*
    Last edited by Grisu_HDH; January 29th, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Sony NEX-5T/SEL35F18OSS/SEL1855OSS/SEL55210OSS/SEL16F28+ECU1+ECF1/Minolta MD 50-1.4/Sigma MD Macro 50-2.8
    "Of course the equipment was expensive and I do not have better pictures. But now I have more fun with my bad pictures." (Heiko Kanzler)
    Flickr

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 374 Posts
    Real Name
    David

Well, I've been self-employed for the past 23 years now, working out of my house. What is this "career" you all are speaking of?
    The Photograph is never taken, it is alway given.
    Sony A7 | Sony SEL1018 | Canon FD 24mm f/2.8 | Sony SEL2470Z | Sony SEL35F28Z |
    Canon LTM 50mm f/1.4 | Canon FD 85mm f/1.8 | Nikon 180mm f/2.8 AI-S ED |
    My Flickr Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast