Thanks

Allacax flash remote controller

Hello from new member.

Does anybody have any experiences with that flash trigger?
    --

I have owned a lowly Nex-C3 now for 4 months and I did purchase SLA-10 flash adapter to use manual flash for it. With it there is one serious drawback, Nex doesn't know that there is a flash attached and it is almost imposible to compose a picture when taking pictures where most light comes from the flash. The kit flash works ok, it informs the camera that there is a flash and live view is bright enough. I use mostly manual lenses with flash (Pentax K 55/1.8, Pentax M 28/2.8, Tamron 105/2.5 and Tokina 80-200/4.0). I use the SLA with pt-04 flash trigger as I don't care about flash in top of camera/internal flash.

I e-mailed the manufacturer and they replied "1. After insert our transmitter into the camera's smart port, the Nex camera will automatically realize it as a flash, will light up the screen immediately." so this souds promising but does anybody own this? Wansen makes similar one but I think that I like this better (ergonomics, I use camera with left hand). They sell extra receivers for 22 USD and there are some 2.4 GHz 16-channel receivers availlable in ebay much cheaper but I don't know if there work whit that transmitter.

I already ordered this as it can't be worse than SLA-10 but I am grateful about any information about that product.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 534 Posts
    Real Name
    Jim

Can't help you with the flash issue, but welcome to the forum. Somebody will be along to help I'm sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bimjo View Post
    Can't help you with the flash issue, but welcome to the forum. Somebody will be along to help I'm sure.
    I hope so. I think that Nex is almost perfect camera for me. I will make a proper introduction some time next week.

Thanks

First tests are not promising. It don't signal to the camera that there is a flash attached. More tests in the evening & possible contact to the manufacturer.

Thanks

This isn't really working. Design is bad and it don't work reliably. New model is coming out in month (probably in two).

Thanks
    Real Name
    It's not Orange!

Oh no sorry to hear that hope you get it sorted soon
    Last edited by Orange; January 30th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Love Legacy - Love Peaking - Fallen back in love with photography!
    Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 - Canon FD 28mm f/2.8 - 16mm Pancake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    Oh no sorry to hear that hope you get it sorted soon
    That is not so bad.
    1) I can do my flash photographing with Olympus PL-1
    2) I can use bulb trick (manual, time to bulb and short press of shutter)
    3) use slave flash

For 3) I would like to get an infrared filter to the kit flash. Traditionally one used is unexposed but developed slide film. It passes IR (has to, projectors generate lots of heat) but blocks visible light. Don't have any.

4) Use Seagull SYK-slace cell to trigger radio trigger.

That Allacax thing would be so practical, that is all.

Thanks

Probably a NEX-7 with a bunch of Sony flashes is the best option to use wireless flashes now, but they're pretty expensive ...

NEX-7 . Touit 2.8/12 . Sonnar T* E 1.8/24 . Mitakon 0.95/35 . Touit 2.8/50M
    500px . Flickr . 1x . Tumblr

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Probably a NEX-7 with a bunch of Sony flashes is the best option to use wireless flashes now, but they're pretty expensive ...
    I would prefer Pentax 645D ... .

In fact TTL flashes are very good for just a couple uses.
    1) time critical stuff where getting the correct exposure is important and light art not so (for example macro work)
    2) one flash in the camera

For portrait stuff and many other uses manual flashes are ok. May be most cost effective solution is to have one TTL flash that can be removed from camera and multiple manual ones.