Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Real Name
    Ad

Canon EOS M sale

Even quicker than I expected one well-known camera store in The Netherlands has a sale on the EOS M with 18-55mm kit lens: 639. I'd really like Canon to come on strong on the mirrorless market but the EOS M doesn't seem to do it for them. Can't be only the slow AF because Sony manages to sell a few NEXes despite that...

Thanks

Now it seems the M is REALLY bad with AF. Not NEX slow, but snail slow, LOL.

Thanks

Price has dropped by another 100 in the UK too over the past couple of weeks, but even with the Canon cashback it's still 500 and I don't really see what it offers over say the Nex F3 at half the price (250)? (Unless you have Canon AF lenses you want to use on it with the adapter).

Still some people seem to think 500 is a 'bargain' for the EOS-M!! Talk Photography - View Single Post - Canon EOS M

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nianys View Post
    Now it seems the M is REALLY bad with AF. Not NEX slow, but snail slow, LOL.
    Yep, NEXes are actually not that bad. The X-Pro 1 and Eos M are all worse, only Nikon, Olympus and Panasonic are faster. (But yeah, Auto Exposure is slower at the Nikon 1 cameras than on the NEX, so when the lights change quickly the NEXes are just as fast ))

Quote Originally Posted by applemint View Post
    Price has dropped by another 100 in the UK too over the past couple of weeks, but even with the Canon cashback it's still 500 and I don't really see what it offers over say the Nex F3 at half the price (250)? (Unless you have Canon AF lenses you want to use on it with the adapter).

Still some people seem to think 500 is a 'bargain' for the EOS-M!! Talk Photography - View Single Post - Canon EOS M
    The guy who said this has (according to his signature) a 5D, a 7D and a couple of L lenses - or better said he got enough money that 500 don't hurt him.

I don't think the price of the EOS M is the problem though. It's a flawed product without a standout feature ...

NEX-7 . Touit 2.8/12 . Sonnar T* E 1.8/24 . Mitakon 0.95/35 . Touit 2.8/50M
    500px . Flickr . 1x . Tumblr

Thanks
    Real Name
    Jeff

The available 23mm f/2 pancake prime certainly caught my eye. (That said, I'm pretty hooked on the Sony/Zeiss 24mm - even if it does cost $100 more for each extra cm it sticks out.)

I'm a bit disappointed in Canon. (Part of me would really like for all the major players to step up and make my next mirrorless body decision really difficult.)

Thanks
    Real Name
    Nic

The EOS M looks to have probably the best touchscreen interface on the market, but the 650D shares the same interface and retains the hard controls which the M lacks. I think that it's launch price was too expensive for what you get compared to the competition, but if it is selling then some obviously feel that it is reasonable value.
    Nic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luckypenguin View Post
    The EOS M looks to have probably the best touchscreen interface on the market, but the 650D shares the same interface and retains the hard controls which the M lacks. I think that it's launch price was too expensive for what you get compared to the competition, but if it is selling then some obviously feel that it is reasonable value.
    Touchscreen controls? I don't want to sound bad or something, but really, that only works for casual shooters who shoot with a big amount of automation. If you shoot in manual mode or at least in A/S-priority modes, the tri navi is worlds better than ANY touchscreen interface that someone could possibly come up with. It's only good for choosing the focus point, but as many shoot center point only and move the camera after focusing it's not that important (for me at least). If Sony builds in a good focus point selection via a capacitive touchscreen, that's all it really needs.

NEX-7 . Touit 2.8/12 . Sonnar T* E 1.8/24 . Mitakon 0.95/35 . Touit 2.8/50M
    500px . Flickr . 1x . Tumblr

Thanks
    Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Touchscreen controls? I don't want to sound bad or something, but really, that only works for casual shooters who shoot with a big amount of automation. If you shoot in manual mode or at least in A/S-priority modes, the tri navi is worlds better than ANY touchscreen interface that someone could possibly come up with. It's only good for choosing the focus point, but as many shoot center point only and move the camera after focusing it's not that important (for me at least). If Sony builds in a good focus point selection via a capacitive touchscreen, that's all it really needs.
    I find the touchscreen very useful on my 5N and I am far from a "casual shooter". I use it for all sorts of adjustments, but, yes, mostly for selecting focus point, that is a particularly useful facility that I don't have on my other cameras, and wish I did.

On the subject of the EOS M, I think Canon have made a very uncharacteristic slip up there!
    I have used Canon DSLR's for many years and would love to have a Canon mirrorless, but this thing is far from what I had hoped for.
    What does this button do?

Thanks

I've been looking at it too but for the price it's too risky. I believe that it's actually quite fast to focus using the touch screen but as I said, too risky at that price !

Thanks
    Real Name
    It's not Orange!

I really wanted the M having been a long time Canon-boy, but it was nowhere near the NEX-6 for me. But one thing - it does feel beautiful in the hand.
    Love Legacy - Love Peaking - Fallen back in love with photography!
    Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 - Canon FD 28mm f/2.8 - 16mm Pancake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast