Thanks
    Real Name
    Amin

DPReview Posts Sample Images from Sony E-mount 10-18mm f/4, 35mm f/1.8 and 16-50mm on NEX-6

DPReview has posted full-resolution samples from the new NEX lenses: 35/1.8 normal prime, 10-18mm f/4 ultrawide zoom, and 16-50mm new kit zoom.

Direct link: Sony Alpha NEX-6 Preview Samples: dpreview review samples: Galleries: Digital Photography Review

Maybe it's a function of how much time they have to evaluate the gear, but I found myself pretty disappointed in the shot selection. With the ultrawide, my main interest is edge performance at 10mm. No samples to address this. Also, their 16mm sample (Sony05_10-18_DSC020) shows that their sample copy of this lens is affected by decentering (blurry left edge).

With the 35mm normal, I want to know sharpness and contrast wide open, bokeh character, and color fringing. The samples give some insight into longitudinal (axial) CA (Sony19_35_DSC059 and Sony12_35_DSC069) but little insight into the other two characteristics. Nevertheless, these are worth a look for those interested in samples from these new lenses. All were shot on the new NEX-6.
    Amin
    TalkEmount.com Webmaster (Help Forum | My Disclosures | My Flickriver | My G+ Profile)

You can help pay our server bills when you buy anything online: http://www.talkemount.com/showthread.php?t=7207

Thanks
    Here is also a review for nex-5R and 16-50mm (translated):

Google Translate

16-50mm doesn't look like a good performer at wide angle based on their tests...
    Last edited by serhan; October 17th, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks

I am often unsatisfied with the DPReview sample galleries. Not artistic value (not really required here), but they often seem haphazardly chosen and don't give me what I want to know about the camera/lens.